Quite often at the Costa del kapsalon we get asked for tips & tricks by men who want to grow out their hair. We've decided to write some of our tips and answers down for you. And in true Costa-style a moodboard for inspiration (and perhaps persuasion.) November is still the Costa month for Brunettes and Brunos so our mood-board is as well.
- Have patience. Hair grows about 1 cm per month so getting your desired length might take a while!
- Find the right ‘in between’-haircuts that work for you. for example go from texturised quiff to comb-back to manbob to end at Tarzan.
- Treat It well. Use a sulphate-free shampoo and don’t skip the conditioner.
- Embrace your natural texture. Dreaming of long silky straight hair when you are blessed with curls isn’t going to do you any good. Instead work with what you’ve got, so your daily morning routine doesn’t turn into a frustrating mane-struggle .
- Go to the right stylist. In the wrong hands your manly manes can easily turn into a very feminine hairdo. men must avoid harsh lines and girly layers at all times.
We have borrowed these pictures from a tumblr account dedicated purely to men with long hair.